Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice game recap by fearsomefour…

August 14, 2022 10:20AM
Here’s fearsomefour…

I thought Bruss had some good moments, struggled in others. Got blown up on a few pass rushes, did well in the combo game and got to the second level a couple of times. Bruss is a good match for the run game, which is why I think he was drafted.
Anchrum look good at G.
Jackson appeared very strong at T. If he got his hands locked on, he stonewalled rushers from what I saw.
Brewer had some nice work at LG. Lost his feet a couple of times (if memory serves) but also did a nice job pass blocking and got some movement in the run game.
Kolone was the surprise for me. He looked very solid over all at C.
Certainly would be nice to have another depth guy at C.

Bobby Brown played well. Got a sack and made another play or two in the run game before getting injured. McVay said he was optimistic at this time about his injury.
Gervase playing a very undersized ILB....shades of Barron.
Burgess playing in week 1 of the preseason....he must really have fallen out of favor with the D staff.
Hardy and Whitley both got some pressure. Hardy actually held up ok on the edge on run downs despite his light weight.....Im assuming he's added some lbs.

Perkins is fun to watch and can do things when things break down. He seems a little slow on his reads sometimes. Trying to extend that tendency out (if that is indeed the case) to regular season games with actual D schemes in place and blitzing etc....could be a tough go. Lack of arm strength is a tough one to over come. Generally has to be done between the ears, pre snap. Or with the legs in some cases.
Interesting prospect. McVay mentioned he is liked by Greg Olson, which should carry some weight with McVay given Olsons great history as a coach.

McCutchen won the night of course. Big, strong, physical receiver with strong hands should always find a landing place. After Kupp, Robinson, Jefferson, Tutu....it gets mighty crowded. Skow, Powell, Harris, McCutchen and the others....the Rams are going to end up cutting some good players. Thats before a possible resigning of Beckham.
The two most impressive WRs to me last night were McCutchen and Trammell. Trammell can run routes and get open. That dude is a very tough cover in quick, short or option routes. If either guy is assigned to the practice squad they will get nabbed by another team.

Ghost of Beckham, Skow (only based on him being held out), McCutchen, Trammell, Harris, Koski is how I have the rest of the depth rated out, for what that is worth....which is next to nothing.

Overall, I thought it was a good performance for a week 1 preseason game. Cleaner than in years past. I think the Rams depth is greatly improved over 3 or 4 years ago.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nice game recap by fearsomefour…

Rams43296August 14, 2022 10:20AM