Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bubbaramfan with his Monday 8/8 camp report…

August 08, 2022 03:57PM
Here’s bubbaramfan…

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, (you too merlin). It was a very spirited day today. Met up with VRF, had our customary barley pop and made it to the stands when the boys were just coming out. First thing we noticed was the punt machine out there and Kyreen Williams and Powell out there shagging punts. Williams was a full go and participated in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 with the 2nd team. I liked what I saw. Not enough to have an opinion, but good to know he'll be playing in pre-season games.

Bobby Evans was back out there with the 2nd team at LT. Didn't see Chris Garrett. AD was there for stretching and warmups but I didn't see him take a snap. They played a lot of the backup guys at DL and DE today so maybe why they were off. Benton Whitley, Jake Hummel, Elijah Garcia, Keir Thomas and Brayden Thomas got a lot of snaps with the 2nd team. Garcia and Whitley stood out to me.
Warren Jackson was out there. I think this is his first day of participation. good to see him back.

Stafford was out there but didn't throw much. They ran a lot of 7 on 7 and 11 on 11. Wolford ran the 1's, and Perkins the 2's. I was hoping to see some of Perez but he only warmed up the wr's.

Haven't seen a lot from Hopkins but he made a couple nice grabs. Atwell continues to make good plays. He gets open and catches everything. Best play of the day 50yd bomb from Wolford for TD in traffic. Higbee with a very good day. Perkins with another couple of picks. He threw his longest pass of TC, about 45yds, it was a real rainbow with 3 DB's centering under it to make the pick and BAM!, who comes up with it? Atwell. Crowd loved it.

The starters on both sides of the ball look very good. Only guy I have concerns with is Shelton as RG. He knows what hes doing, hand placement, traps, zone, he just is the smallest guy on both OL and DL. I guess in Pre-season we'll see ho he holds up. (If McVay even plays him).

They cancelled Wed. so tomorrow is the last day of open TC. With such a workout today I don't expect much 11 on 11.

I'm very pleased by the Rams Training Camps this year. Compared to last TC, I think this is a better team. Certainly a deeper roster with better players backing up the starters. Linebacking, and defensive backs are better than last year. Noteboom looks great and the OL is deep. This team will go deep into the playoffs, barring injury at key positions.

Of course position depth and cuts won't be sorted out til after pre-season games.

Til tomorrow folks.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bubbaramfan with his Monday 8/8 camp report…

Rams43422August 08, 2022 03:57PM

Re: Bubbaramfan with his Monday 8/8 camp report…

Ramstien144August 09, 2022 04:20AM