August 05, 2022 09:42AM
Rams43
Some disappointments are already emerging this camp…

Bobby Evans. WTH is up here? It’s like he’s dropped off the face of the earth. And he was already seemingly hanging on by a thread to make the 53.

Bryce Perkins. Sounds like he’s falling way behind. I had high hopes for him in this O last year but seems like he’s plateaued and in grave danger of missing the 53.

Jacob Harris. We thought his ‘rawness’ would hold him back for a while, but now it seems to be his inability to stay healthy. Hmmmmm…

Bobby Brown. A PED suspension. Really? He’s not gonna be cut but he’s certainly been an underachiever since being drafted. Disappointing would be an understatement. He was projected as future insurance when Gaines and ARob hit FA. But now? Bet Snead would love a do-over on that pick.

I’m kinda tempted to put Quentin Lake on this list as a disappointment because he can’t stay healthy enough to get on the grass. A very inauspicious beginning. But I’ll hold off with him. For now.

Anyway, it’s a very short list at this point. Probably far shorter than most other teams. But still…

This roster is stacked. Harris getting hurt probably ends his time with the Rams, as it's unlikely he's going to be able to overcome missed reps when he's already on the bubble with a very deep wideout group. Maybe they stash him but we'll see.

Perkins should be showing out and making the coaching decision tough but him struggling early is a bad sign in a year where those final cuts will be so competitive. QB3 is unlikely to play. Those final cuts, however, are more likely to play, as they typically are teams guys. He's on the bubble for sure.

Evans probably has something personal going on. Either way he looks to be squeezed out this year barring him playing far better than he did last year in preseason games. He was really bad last year and Rams have new OTs to consider for that pipeline which means Evans is likely timed out in horns.

Early reports on Brown are that he's getting winded out there and subbed out. That plus the suspension is a bad combo. I think preseason games are critical for him this year, if he doesn't show out he might be in trouble.

This is a strange year though. More positive reports than usual and fewer negatives than usual. Last year this time we were about to face Dallas in a camp practice and our DBs got barbequed by their receivers. This group is way further ahead. Rams look poised for a deep run in 2022 no doubt in my mind about that.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So, are these guys already in trouble for possibly missing the 53?

Rams43675August 05, 2022 09:29AM

Afraid so

merlin323August 05, 2022 09:42AM

Re: Afraid so

BigGame81287August 05, 2022 09:53AM

SoCalRAMatic256August 05, 2022 10:38AM

Ohiorams357August 05, 2022 12:05PM

I'm trying to reserve assessments on Bryce Perkins until after PS games

Rams Junkie135August 06, 2022 02:53PM

Re: I'm trying to reserve assessments on Bryce Perkins until after PS games

den-the-coach185August 07, 2022 07:12AM

Bryce Perkins has NFL bloodlines (Dad, Uncle, Brother) a quick release & ran 4.55

Rams Junkie159August 08, 2022 07:36PM