Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it not cool for kids to wear Football garb these days? USED to be....

August 04, 2022 02:30AM
Probably up to 8th grade, you'd see TONS of kids wearing shirts of their favorite teams. That has REALLY faded in the last 20 years or so. I don't even see kids wearing Jags stuff here in Jacksonville. I know the NFL still gets high ratings but you'd never know it by looking around. Even on Sundays during the season, I see much fewer people in the grocery store dressed in football stuff. 25-30 years ago, from 9-1PM, you see LOTS of various shirts n jerseys worn by people buying chips, beer and wings n such. I also see fewer car flags, plates and bumper stickers. Jacksonville being a big Navy town, it used to be interesting to see the variety of teams represented. Even NCAA.......25-30 years ago, when going down HWY 301 to Gainesville to see the Gators, you could look in the rear view or forward and see TONS of cars decked out with car flags and magnets. With on line shopping, merchandise is easier than ever to get. I'm guessing it's a combo of being priced from business and a cynicism of fans out there. Honestly, I find it all to be a drag.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is it not cool for kids to wear Football garb these days? USED to be....

Ramgator275August 04, 2022 02:30AM

Re: Is it not cool for kids to wear Football garb these days? USED to be....

socalmab119August 04, 2022 04:58AM

Re: Is it not cool for kids to wear Football garb these days? USED to be....

Ramboni105August 04, 2022 05:44AM

When we sucked, people used to tell me..

sstrams114August 04, 2022 05:50AM

I REALLY think the death of SEARS and the old Wish Book hurt youth fandom.

Ramgator220August 04, 2022 06:28AM

they wear them here....

JamesJM102August 04, 2022 07:01AM