Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bubbaramfan with his Wednesday 8/3 camp report…

August 03, 2022 04:58PM
Here’s bubbaramfan…

Good day of practice. Hooked up with VRF and Ramball got good seats at north field. AD not dressed, Jacob Harris not dressed but in tank top and shorts working out with trainer on sideline. No sign of Bobby Evans. He wasn't at Monday's practice either. Saturday he played most reps with 2nd team at RT. Something is up with Evans but haven't heard a word from anyone why he's a no show for 2 straight practices. Trade? Injury? McVay's doghouse?

Today was mostly lots of vanilla plays, I'm guessing 50 -60 snaps for almost 2 hours. 1st team O vs 2nd team D, 2nd team O vs 1st team D. Red zone, and hurry up drills mixed in. Some FG and punt snaps. Lots of substitutions, and mixing of OL and DL with just about everyone getting several snaps.

Ol looks to be getting sorted out. Noteboom LT, Edwards LG, Allen C, and it looks like Shelton, who got most of the snaps the last two practices is frontrunner at RG, and of course Havenstien at RT. Where it's not so clear is who are backups at OL. A Jackson and T Anchrum are clearly backup LT and LG, they've both taken majority of snaps there and looked very good. Kolone took most snaps a C 2nd team today, with Snyder and Brewer getting in a few. Acuri and Ealy got majority of snaps at RT with 2nd team and Brewer and Bruss at RG. Looks like the right side of 2nd team OL is far from settled.

With so many snaps today I'm not gonna give any play by play, just some of what we all agreed stood out.

Both starting offense and defense look great and John Wolford really stood out today running the 1st team. He looks confident and his passes were crisp and mostly accurate. Defense held up good against the run (even without AD, Copeland took his place). Floyd and Hollins were and handful, but Noteboom and Havenstien kept the pocket intact. Not to worry folks. Noteboom looks very comfortable and smooth out there, nice footwork and hand placement. Only one to give him trouble is T Lewis. I'll get to him later.

1st team D was pretty dominating today. Wags in the backfield several times, broke up a couple passes. Rochelle with a pick. Drurrant played a lot of snaps with 1st team and had to defend Kupp and Robinson quite a few times. He did pretty good.All I can say about Rams 1st team D is going to be very good.

2nd team D was a lot of mixing up of players. But DE's stayed the same for most of practice. Garrett at LDE and Lewis at RDE got most reps today. Both put good pressure all day. Lewis is impressing. NO brace and he stays out there play after play after play. Both play the run good too.

Later they put 1st team vs 1st team. They really got after it with some hard hitting. Wags got to Wolford on a blitz. Wolford hit Atwell for a deep pass.

Some player notes. Some guys I don't need to say anything, like Akers, Kupp or Henderson, they look great. Robinson is outstanding.

Atwell continuing to get open and catches everything. I'm really liking how he's showing up.

Wolford has taken another step and ran the 1st team O very well today. Good decision making going through his reads quick and threading some passes through tight windows to Kupp, Robinson, Higbee and Atwell.

Perkins was a bit of a dissapointment to me today. If his 1st read isn't there, he runs. Later in the day he threw 2 picks back to back plays. He's not moving ahead of Wolford anytime soon.

Powell is looking better and getting more touches with the 2nd team.

Rose and Ragas finally getting some touches. Calias in the mix.

Kendrick and Durrant getting a lot of work and both look to be ahead of where Rochelle was when he came in as a rookie.

Garrett and Lewis are way ahead of where they were last camp.

Bobby Brown is unmovable at NT, but looks out of shape, 2 or 3 plays and he comes out looking gassed. He has six games to sit out so he has time to get in better shape.

Can't think of anything else. I f I do I'll post here later. Will be at practice tomorrow.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bubbaramfan with his Wednesday 8/3 camp report…

Rams43368August 03, 2022 04:58PM

Re: Bubbaramfan with his Wednesday 8/3 camp report…

Rams43189August 03, 2022 05:03PM

Rams43167August 03, 2022 05:04PM

The_Zone202August 03, 2022 05:55PM

3030164August 03, 2022 05:42PM

Just a quick general comment

RFL146August 03, 2022 07:17PM