Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Monday 8/1 camp report by bubbaramfan…

August 01, 2022 03:43PM
Here’s bubbaramfan…

Good practice toady folks. Met up with VRF and fellow ROD member RamBall. they mostly concentrated on running plays. Must have run at least 50-60 snaps so I'm not going to into play by play, just some high lights and some player observations.

Didn't see Ramsey on the sidelines or Bobby Evans. I could have missed them but scanned with my binoc's several times. 95 bobby Brown out there for the first time. He took snaps with 2nd team DL.

Started with punt machine and Powell, Akers, Atwell and Yeast fielding punts. all of them looked pretty good.

Stafford threw a few short warmup passes at the biggining of practice and that was it. Wolford ran the 1st team and Perkins team2.

For the OL, 1st team of Noteboom LT, Edwards LG, Allen most snaps at C, Shelton, Snynder, Kolone and Brewer all took snaps at C also, Shelton and Bruss at RG. since they ran so many plays today they did a lot of sub-ing. for the 2nd team OL A Jackson took most snaps at LT, Anchrum LG, Shelton, Kolone and Brewer at C, Bruss, Shelton, Acuri, Ealy all got snaps at rg. since Bobby Evans was a no show, they tried almost everyone else at RT. Acuri got most snaps at RT and looked OK, Pircher both looked to hold their own.

some player notes

RB's- Akers and Henderson looked good. Funk doesn't have the knee brace he did last TC and looked very fast. Calais has good hands and will be pushing Powell for roster spot as K/PR.

QB- Wolford ran the 1st team all day. lots of good passes and moves pretty good when pressured. Still a big drop off from Stafford. Perkins is a dink and dunk guy. He threw 3 or 4 plus 20 yd passes and all were short. He runs after his first read is covered.

Ol- Noteboom is ready to go. Very smooth with his feet. Floyd and Hollins didn't get by him today. If Boom goes down A Jackson looks to be a good backup, he;s done well vs 1st team DL. Anchrum is solid. Edwards still worries me. Havenstien is a stud. No worries there.
there are some guys backing up who probably would be starting on other teams. I was kind of worried about the OL going into camp, but after 4 days and today's 50-60 snaps against Rams D they've held thier own.

WR- Kupp and Robinson both making great catches, oowing and awwing the crowd. Harris coming along still needs work. Atwell had a really good day today. He catches everything. He looks to have put on muscle weight. He got more targets than the rest of the backups. Powell is coming on, got several targets.

Defense standouts. The Wagz show today. Wagner was a beast today. always around the ball, in the backfield causing havoc, covering TE's and RB's, and got himself a pick six to boot. And they say he's lost a step?

Terrell Lewis impressed me today. No knee brace like last year. He looks very comfortable and fast off the snap. He took a lot of snaps today, no subbing. Doesn't look like they have a snap # for him.

Dan Hardy is a firecracker, high end motor. Needs some coaching to learn some moves.

DB's- Hill, Long and Rochelle looked good today. Rochelle with an INT. Durrant, and Kendrick both look like the real deal.

safeties- Scott, Burgess looked OK. Rapp was making plays, good day for him.

Was a very good practice. They worked hard today. Lots of contact and they worked of a lot of different plays. Off tomorrow and back at it Wednesday. I'll be there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Monday 8/1 camp report by bubbaramfan…

Rams43502August 01, 2022 03:43PM

Re: Monday 8/1 camp report by bubbaramfan…

george_allen216August 01, 2022 04:08PM

Islander Ram177August 01, 2022 07:38PM

SoCalRAMatic131August 01, 2022 07:55PM

den-the-coach162August 02, 2022 03:42AM

Thanks for the great reports

David Deacon103August 02, 2022 04:18AM