Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A few thoughts about Rams superb asst coaches…

July 31, 2022 08:04AM
One of Sean McVay's strongest asset is his ability to hire assistant coaches, I have been so impressed. Now Joe Barry is a good example. McVay passed on him twice as DC and Barry & McVay were very close. Barry had not had success in that role with the Lions & Washington so after Wade Phillips left, McVay went with Brandon Staley over Barry and then Raheem Morris.

In Fairness to Barry, he's done an outstanding job in Green Bay and learned from Staley, however, McVay showcased the ability to separate friendship from hiring the right person and that's amazing for a young football coach IMHO.

Keep in mind the first time McVay made a move on his coaching staff, was he fired DL Coach Bill Johnson one of Wade's good ole boys and hired Eric Henderson (Coach Henny) away from the Chargers, where he was the Assistant DL Coach. That move is still paying huge dividends and I think back to some of the Rams Coaches in the past and not many of them would have done that.

McVay believes in teaching & developing partnering with the players and the coaches being coachable as well. If we're going to ask our players to be coachable, we've got to be coachable as coaches as well. That displays an ownership and an accountability that we try to all have and makes the players more receptive to the messages we try to implement.

It's truly amazing of the culture with the Rams and that's why I hope Sean McVay is our Head Coach for a long period of time.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts about Rams superb asst coaches…

Rams43237July 31, 2022 07:05AM

den-the-coach187July 31, 2022 08:04AM

Rams43141July 31, 2022 08:28AM

Spot on with this comment

stlramz130July 31, 2022 08:37AM