Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Allen Robinson turning to Cooper Kupp as he learns Rams Offense…

July 30, 2022 05:06AM
Allen Robinson turning to Cooper Kupp as he learns Rams offense

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Cooper Kupp provides value to the Rams in more ways than one. Not only is he a highly productive receiver, but he’s a great blocker in the running game.

Off the field, he’s an excellent leader and someone teammates turn to on a regular basis. As a captain of the Rams, he’s taken on a key role in the locker room and Allen Robinson hasn’t hesitated to lean on his new partner at wide receiver.

At training camp this week, Robinson said he’s gone to Kupp when he has questions about things like his alignment in the formation and timing on routes. That trickles into the film room, too, going over plays and concepts with Kupp so he can get a better grasp of the offense.

“It’s been fun. Like I said before, Cooper is a guy who knows a lot of football and has played in this scheme since he got here. So again for me, clearing up things or any questions that I have as far as alignment, different assignment things, timing. I’ll definitely ask Cooper,” Robinson said. “Or just as we’re watching film, I’ll tell him sometimes during practice stuff that we can kind of talk through after practice or in meetings just to go over it and different things like that. Just for me, having clarity to everything is best. It just helps me play that much faster so I’m not going on the field thinking. Making sure that I’m over-communicating and over understanding splits and different things like that because some of the small things in this offense go a long way.”

Robinson is big on communication, being a player who isn’t afraid to ask questions. Even when Matthew Stafford wasn’t throwing during OTAs, Robinson was always asking his quarterback questions on the field in an attempt to get on the same page.

It’s much of the same in training camp, particularly with Robinson leaning on Kupp.

“He has all the experience in the world as far as playing in this offense,” Robinson said of Kupp. “So knowing a lot of the nuances, like I said before, split-wise, timing-wise, where I need to get to on this, certain things to look for on particular routes because he has the experience in the offense and he’s ran all these different concepts. I’ve been able to lean on him a lot as far as just learning the offense and just trying to find my way and find my groove through some of the concepts and some of the on-the-field stuff.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Allen Robinson turning to Cooper Kupp as he learns Rams Offense…

Rams43102July 30, 2022 05:06AM