Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Perkins

July 29, 2022 07:59AM
I think the article misreads the QB situation a bit. It might not be Perkins vs Perez but rather Perkins vs Wolf.

Perkins has been kept to this point due to the Rams liking his upside. But the roster looks really deep this year and when you start comparing a QB development project vs guys who can affect the game as teamers, things get dicey for that dev QB.

So my take on Perkins is that it might be time for him to win that backup job. It might be "beat out Wolf or bust." And here's the thing... Wolf is extremely smart but he's not smart in taking care of himself in games. So if Perkins is anywhere near him in camp and preseason, and given his young legs (both need to use mobility as part of their game off the bench) and less aggressive run style, not to mention I would think he will be cheaper to keep than Wolf... Well I think he should have a good chance to win that backup role. What will it take to get there? Full command of the offense for one. IMO what they love about Wolf is he's had complete understanding of the scheme from very early on. Limited, sure, but he's got it all down. Perkins needs to show that to be in the competition.

If not then it still comes down to upside and is that upside still enough to keep him over some important depth roles and teams guys. Personally I don't think so when I look at this roster, and I'm a fan who has appreciated Perkins and his game. The WR depth is sick. Secondary is gonna have some tough trimming to do too. So I'm thinking there's a reasonable chance we have no QB3 this year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Winners and losers from Rams 1st week of training camp…

Rams43399July 28, 2022 06:33AM

Not so sure you can call out winners/losers in a 1st week..... camp…

roman18159July 29, 2022 03:36AM

id agree but Leonard Fournette did not help himself nm

shellback237July 29, 2022 05:19AM

Re: Perkins

merlin168July 29, 2022 07:59AM