Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead has an intriguing post about a Ram edge possibility…

July 16, 2022 07:09AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

I had dinner tonight with a guy that works as a regional scout for a scouting service. Out of the blue, he started talking about the Ram's edge situation. He said in his opinion the Rams might be waiting to see if Hasson Reddick becomes available. In Philly's scheme, he plays a SAM LB who does a lot of blitzing. He would be considered undersized as an edge in the NFL but so is Hardy. In college, Hasson played as an edge. According to my friend the guys where he works think that Philly might be willing to trade him. In my friend's opinion, it would take next year's 2nd round pick and 2024's first round pick. But the Rams would get a 27 year old proven pass rusher who is also strong against the run.

The interesting thing is that his cap number would easily fit for the Rams this year and next year and they could extend him in 2024 if he works out. If not it would be a manageable dead cap. When I got home and looked at Reddick's cap number I saw what my friend was talking about. Why would Philly shop him? Because they would do that in 2023 or 2024. A SAM LB in their 4-3 system isn't their primary pass rusher. They have a rookie named Kyron Johnson behind Reddick who is lightning fast (4.3 speed). If he shows he can play this year then Reddick becomes expendable.

The Rams would not need to touch his contract for two years to fit their cap and he's a proven pass rusher, a real bookend to Floyd. Looking at the Eagle's situation, they drafted Johnson with the expectation of moving on from Reddick by 2024. They would be trading him a year early. Apparently it all depends upon how good or not Johnson looks in TC.

If nothing else it's something to think about. Snead has pulled off too many of these "no way" trades to discount anything IMO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead has an intriguing post about a Ram edge possibility…

Rams43319July 16, 2022 07:09AM

Re: Oldnotdead has an intriguing post about a Ram edge possibility…

SoCalRAMatic271July 16, 2022 07:21AM

Rams43319July 16, 2022 08:02AM

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram113July 16, 2022 11:06AM

george_allen123July 16, 2022 03:42PM