Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Helps the other guys too.

June 30, 2022 03:42AM
When you have Kupp and Robinson forcing teams to concentrate on them it opens up the field for the other WR or WRs. Jefferson has already proven to be a threat and we should expect him to continue to improve in his 3rd year. Both Akers and Henderson are terrific catching the ball out of the backfied and the Williams kid is supposed to excel in this area too. Of course Higbee has and will continue to benefit from the diversity that Kupp & Robinson bring and the attention they receive.

I will be interested to see how if Harris and Tutu can get in on the action this year. Harris brings great size and deep speed to the table and that screams mismatch. The defense will have to single cover Harris and he may just break a few explosive plays next year. Harris is a physical freak but very inexperienced. My hope would be that he is a special teams demon who can get on the field for some plays on offense and take advantage of some mismatches.

It would be great if Tutu can find a special teams role but beating out Powell is going to be tough. However as a receiver he is much more experienced than Harris and is experience running different types of routes. Being able to line him up all over the field while the defense is paying attention to Kupp & Robinson will give Tutu a big advantage if he is ready for the role. The little guy will be hard to find and once you find him the hope is that it will be too late.

I don't expect a huge role in the offense for either player but this could be the year where they carve out a role and between them create 10-15, maybe even 20 explosive plays. While their usage may not be high the ratio of explosive plays per opportunity could be significant.

Anyway it off season and I will be paying attention to these possibilities during training camp and early in the season.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Allen Robinson: Versatility of me and Cooper Kupp is a ‘Tremendous Advantage’…

Rams43276June 29, 2022 05:44AM

Helps the other guys too.

David Deacon167June 30, 2022 03:42AM

Re: Helps the other guys too.

Ramstien81June 30, 2022 03:51AM

David Deacon154June 30, 2022 05:22AM

george_allen77June 30, 2022 05:45PM