Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best podcast on NFL defensive trends I've ever heard

June 20, 2022 08:27AM
During the dog days of the offseason I am always on the lookout for some interesting content. Came across a great one on Spotify this past week. The Athletic Football Show had a podcast entitled "Lessons from the NFL's best defenses in 2021" think it came out 6/18/22. It is an intelligent discussion on where the league as a whole is moving toward in terms of defenses and personnel. It also seems to possibly answer one of this boards large questions of, "Why don't we just put Jalen Ramsey on the other teams best receiver like before?". They go into depth about the En vogue offenses of today, the new prototype of slot receivers, what characteristics are important for an ideal slot corner and hints around why having an elite slot receiver might be as or even more important than an elite outside one to combat the McVay/Shanny outside zone offenses. They mention Ramsey in particular and comment on that is also the reason why Marlon Humphrey was playing more time at slot as well.. I would give a blow by blow description but I would no doubt not relay it right. However for all the people confused with Raheem's deployment of Ramsey last year, there is waaaay more to it than just keeping him from getting bored. I really enjoyed this particular podcast so I wanted to share it's existence with any of my Herd brothers and sisters that might have missed it. You don't even need a subscription to the athletic to listen to it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Best podcast on NFL defensive trends I've ever heard

RamsDynasty109June 20, 2022 08:27AM