Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Without a doubt

June 08, 2022 09:31AM
They won the championship. Then addressed shortcomings.

Going back to '99 the first thing Vermiel said about the next year, and this was before he announced his retirement, was that the Rams had to get tougher on defense. He of course had the vision to see what was needed to get back. But then he retired and the Rams had to learn the hard way how right he was in '00.

But this time around we have our great head coach back with the team. The organization is actually built to be capable of handing the extra pressures of winning, which is no small concern. They were surprised by Von getting that deal from Buffalo, but switched gears and added Wagner and Robinson, both additions representing significant upgrades to the roster.

When I look at last year's run one of the biggest elements was the way Odell's threat changed the offense. So I can't say enough about how impressed I am in them making the tough decision to move a fan favorite in Woody and not only upgrade the room but add a piece in Robinson who so nicely fits the QB.

Only real complaint at this point is blindside rush. There's a hole there. But they will wait and see and make a trade deadline deal if they need to. And once again you can make up for a lesser rush by improving your run defense and quality of your back end both of which the Rams have done. So end result may be they can make up for Von's loss and if not then they will make a move.

Feels really nice to be a fan of a team like this. I honestly didn't think we'd ever end up in this position, with a head coach of McVay's caliber. Hope they keep him and Snead in place for many more seasons.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The best Rams off season........ever???

Ramgator232June 08, 2022 03:28AM

Re: The best Rams off season........ever???

Rams43127June 08, 2022 04:47AM

in context of winning it all

LMU93107June 08, 2022 04:56AM

Without a doubt

merlin103June 08, 2022 09:31AM

Re: The best Rams off season........ever???

Shecky61June 08, 2022 10:05AM