Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Merlin thoughts

June 01, 2022 11:01AM
but Hendy is simply not good enough to carry an offense and cannot stay healthy.

Couple of things about the RBs. Hendy does need more help upfront to get free, but he certainly is a plus yards guy. I really think that Michel was a far more crucial asset. He is a hardnosed, tough snot that showed up big when we needed him. Just watched a bit of the Viking game and just is a rough and tumble customer: The guy you want with you in that dark alley.
I do wonder what Snead's value of Hendy the pro vs. the Hendy the prospect they evaluated coming out of college. My 2 memories of Hendy are the 17 yard run in the Viking game, and that catch in the Super Bowl. In the Vikes match, he shot through the line, and looked the difference maker we needed in the game. He over efforted at the end of that run, and got damaged, again. Ugh.
In the end, they let Michel walk, and will go to war with DH.

I don't know what to expect from Blanton or Hopkins.
Hopkins
If he can block maybe we have something

Couldn't agree more about looking forward to the summer battles between these guys. And for that matter, this Carter kid.
Can one of them stand out as an inline protector / hole basher?

LT is a downgrade
Yeah....it'd be shocking if Noteboom were to make a splash. The most I can hope for is no pre snap flags, or flags in general. No noise is good noise.

Robinson will fit much better in a lot of the ways than Woody did,
He might fit better for Stafford in the downfield mode. It's around the line of scrimmage that makes me sit up and take note. How do you block for Kupp, Van, and them RBs?
It's going to be months before we start hearing about his value around the field. I can only hope he's the beast we are expecting him to be.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin with some thoughts about various Ram position groups in ‘22…

Rams43432June 01, 2022 05:01AM

Re: Merlin thoughts

leafnose216June 01, 2022 11:01AM

Re: Merlin with some thoughts about various Ram position groups in ‘22…

droopy142June 01, 2022 02:01PM

Re: Merlin with some thoughts about various Ram position groups in ‘22…

george_allen240June 01, 2022 03:07PM