May 17, 2022 06:26AM
Here’s oldnotdead…

Who cares about week 18? From what I hear the 49er fans are still crying about the NFC Championship game. The Bengals would have killed the 49ers. That's the matchup they wanted.

Karma is a terrible thing when its your turn to lose your soul. They came in overconfident and left broken, which is all that matters. It ushered in the Trey Lance era in SF.

@#$%& the media, ask any team who is the one team they don't want to face in the NFC Title game? They are going to say the Rams, because of the matchups.

This team is much better this year than last year. Bruss is going to be the long terms fix at RG they have been searching for. Decobie is far better than his draft position reflects. If Decobie was an inch taller he's gone on day two. He can play inside or outside and now Morris has a CB, with Rochell on one side, that will allow Raheem to move Jalen anywhere he wants. That is a huge change in the secondary. Williams will be a legit #3 RB who will replace Michel as the 3rd down RB with the bonus he's a better receiver. Lake is a targeted safety aimed at replacing Rapp next year as Taylor is in a contract year. Hardy is targeted to replace Hollins next year as well. Hardy is sneaky good and has the talent to replace Lewis or at least be a solid rotational guy, all the while playing STs as a standout. Scott went from STs stand out to a potential starter if you remember. Hardy has the speed missing in Lewis. Daniel needs a year to develop but this gives Morris two rotational backups on both edges when combined with Garrett. Hardy has the athleticism that screams draft steal if he can reach his potential.

This was a sneaky good draft, filled with targeted players who are expected to fill specific roles next year. In the case of Bruss, he's going to start but Williams and Durant should see significant playing time. I guess you can see Bruss, Durant, Williams and Hardy are my favorites coming out of this draft. But I'm not sleeping on Lake and Yeast.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead has a few pleasant thoughts about Rams draft…

Rams43450May 17, 2022 06:26AM

Re: Oldnotdead has a few pleasant thoughts about Rams draft…

Ramstien114May 18, 2022 03:41AM

Re: Oldnotdead has a few pleasant thoughts about Rams draft…

David Deacon149May 18, 2022 04:03AM