Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Derion Kendrick Draft Profile

April 30, 2022 12:54PM
162. Derion Kendrick - CB - Georgia - 6'-0" 202 lbs. - An overhyped CB that has excellent size, but lacks speed to hang deep and lacks ball skills. He is a willing tackler. Zone scheme fit.

My 25th ranked CB
Number 84 on my stacked board

Pros:
Smooth athlete that can easily change direction
Does well when playing zone and keep everything in front of him
willing tackler
good size for the position
decent ball skills
has ST return skills

Cons:
I think he lacks instincts
Man coverage is poor
lacks the speed to hang deep with WRs
multiple off the field red flags

I called him over rated, because pre combine, I saw him mocked in the 2nd round. He is just not fast enough to be a 2nd round pick. 6th round I am fine with. I did not include him on my vertically stacked board due to his off field red flags. EDIT: he is on my stacked board. I must have ignored the flags lol. Suspended and then booted off Clemson's team. Had a gun and weed arrest as well. He doesn't seem to fit the rest of the Rams picks. He was recruited to Clemson as a WR, then made the conversion to DB. So he has ball skills and from a position standpoint, he is raw and has high upside. The issue is his speed. 4.75 or 4.78 or whatever is slow for even a middle LBer, let alone a boundry CB. His best bet to make the team is ST and maybe a switch to safety where he can keep the action in front of him and use his WR skills to ballhawk.

I am not a huge fan of the pick, but I am sure the Rams did their due diligence on him and must have a plan in place for him. If not, he is camp fodder. Because I can promise you Lake and Durant are going to compete their butts off.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2022 12:58PM by Deadpool.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Derion Kendrick Draft Profile

Deadpool349April 30, 2022 12:54PM

Re: Derion Kendrick Draft Profile

Classicalwit128April 30, 2022 01:23PM

Georgia's defense was just that good

Deadpool209April 30, 2022 01:29PM