Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PARAM with a nice post on which positions Rams will draft…

April 25, 2022 06:13AM
Here’s PARAM…

What positions will they draft?
I know the consensus is CB and Edge because we have 3 legit CBs under contract (Ramsey, Long and Rochell) and at Edge, we have one healthy (Floyd), 2 oft-injured (T.Lew & Hollins) and 1 inexperienced 2nd year guy (Garrett).

We all expect a CB to come off with one of the first two picks and Edge to come off with the other. I've opined that what Ramsnation has felt the last 2 years, hasn't been close to what they've done, so why would 2022 be any different?

Having said that, we know they always seem to surprise us. If it's not a safety who can't cover with the first pick, it's a running back or wide receiver we didn't think we needed. It's really hard to hit on who they're going to take because we don't ever pick in the first round and figuring late second or late third is a exercise in futility.

I list our needs in this order:

1. Cornerback
2. Offensive Line
3a. Edge/OLB
3b. Running back
5a. Tight end
5b. Safety

But they don't seem to draft CB that early. Long in the third (#79) and Rochell in the 4th (#130) are the only two they've drafted the last 5 years. That's a skill position and they like to get them in trade or UFA. I really think they're going to get a CB with one of the first 3 picks.

Offensive line is that nut the blind squirrel finds. We keep saying, "we need OL", "this year we really need OL" or "they have to take OL, particularly a center this year". And they keep saying...."Not so fast my friend!!". Just like CB, I think they're going to get OL with one of the first 3 picks.

Edge will be filled after the draft in free agency I believe. I see them drafting one too but not with any of the first 3 picks.

Running back might be what they feel is their 2nd biggest need. I know I would like to see one drafted. The earlier the better.

Tight end is intriguing. We have Higbee. Blanton and Hopkins showed up later. But this is another "weapon" that McVay likes to accumulate. It wouldn't shock me one bit if they took one early.

Safety is one of those positions in which they don't invest a lot. Money-wise or draft capital. The one time they did, we got Rapp. So this is the position they fill from the 5th on down.

I would love to see all 6 of those positions with Edge and CB being doubled up. One early, one later.

I could see it going a number of ways.

#104: CB, TE or OL
#142: RB, CB or TE
#175: OL, RB or CB
#211, #212 and #218: Edge, CB, OL, TE, RB, S or LB
#238 and #253: S, Edge, CB or OL

Can't wait to watch it.....late Friday and all day Saturday
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PARAM with a nice post on which positions Rams will draft…

Rams43407April 25, 2022 06:13AM

Jourdan has a tremendous article today on this topic…

Rams43333April 25, 2022 06:15AM

Interesting that there is really little attention to offensive linemen

RockRam258April 25, 2022 07:51AM

From Jourdan’s Article…

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram285April 25, 2022 08:05AM

Re: From Jourdan’s Article…

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram196April 25, 2022 08:08AM

Re: From Jourdan’s Article…

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram168April 25, 2022 08:14AM

I look at somebody like Josh Allen from JAX

BigGame81189April 25, 2022 08:37AM

Re: PARAM with a nice post on which positions Rams will draft…

Ridgewood Ram156April 25, 2022 06:40AM

Alyo/Blinkscout: Opinion on Bailey Zappe? (NM)

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram142April 25, 2022 08:25AM

Re: PARAM with a nice post on which positions Rams will draft…

RamsFanFromRio153April 25, 2022 11:00AM