Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: New strategy?

April 15, 2022 09:46AM
SoCalRAMatic
So, much has been discussed regarding Snead's dealing away number ones and collecting comp picks, but, maybe this is part of the new strategy.
Last year, after about two thirds of the season were spent we signed OBJ and traded for Von.
We didn't have to pay their whole salaries. Von we got for two high picks, but Denver kept paying him so we got him cheaply. OBJ was released so we got him for almost nothing. It looks like with the injury we'll add OBJ late in the season for our stretch run. Maybe we look to add another rusher at around the same time. Teams that are out of the playoff picture will be looking to deal their big ticket players. Could it be that instead of paying for top FAs now that we are willing to wait until they're really needed. I think the NFL adding the extra week adds to this scenario. We could sign the HB any time now, and I would love it. But, I'm wondering if there's this new wrinkle in the McSnead plan... get through most of the season and then strike.

You may be onto something, SoCal.

We all know that Rams seem a shoe-in to make playoffs even without adding a vet edge or CB. So maybe Snead is thinking about pouncing on some kind of a cat-and-mouse opportunity that falls into his lap pre-deadline for another SB push?

Like some kind of a 3-D chess strategy? Wouldn’t put it past that clever sonofagun.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

New strategy?

SoCalRAMatic423April 15, 2022 08:07AM

Re: New strategy?

Rams43109April 15, 2022 09:46AM