Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 5 goals for Matthew Stafford…

April 03, 2022 11:46AM
Lots of good thoughts. I always have a problem when they discuss QB stats especially regarding interceptions. They are killers to QBR and there are so many different kinds. A okay might be designed to throw to a spot but the receiver goes the wrong way. The pass was thrown perfectly but it gets picked because the receiver ran the wrong route. Also, how many times does a QB hit a receiver right in the hands but it gets tipped and picked? That goes against the QB's record too. Okay how about the WB getting his arm hit from a blind side blow during release. A DL or LB gets the pick.
How about 50-50 balls when the defender just outmuscles the receiver and cones down with it. Now, there's the traditional oops interception where the QB just throws a lousy ball right into the defender's mitts. Those should go against the QB. What's it all mean? Not much. If the QB throws the ball accurately where he is supposed to then he did his job. Oh, and what about drops? Each drop hurts your completion percentage. I would never want Carr over Stafford for my team. Even if, statistically, Carr beats him. Another pet peeve I have is against the rushing stats like Yards per rush. If your team get down inside the 5 to the one and you carry it in, it hurts your YPC. You did your job optimally yet you could lose a category over it. I think many of the traditional stats need to be revised and replaced.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5 goals for Matthew Stafford…

Rams43397April 03, 2022 08:08AM

Re: 5 goals for Matthew Stafford…

SoCalRAMatic124April 03, 2022 11:46AM

stafford was sacked 30 x last year

joram166April 03, 2022 02:08PM