Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: #2 and #5

March 29, 2022 08:48PM
leafnose
Timing is everything.
Was just considering the future for Havs.
If there was a spot to draft for the future, his certainly would be in the mix.

Not only for the $$$ involved in the future to retain him, but having a body coming off the bench. I'm not convinced Evans is the right guy.
Unlike Allen, who I kept a spot for just cuz "Grumpy" had the right stuff, Evans hasn't been a go to guy for coaches. Drafting makes senses, and get in a developmental tackle this year.

As for A'Shawn?
So funny. Yeah, he's 27. Not 37. Old before his time.
Here again is an opportunity to add some DL help. Folks suggest grabbing Morgan Fox back, and while not a terrible idea: Sure seems simple to grab another big man for use upfront in the draft. Robinson, if he were to have a consistent year just might get a rich 3rd contract: Price himself right out our reach.

I agree. Also I suspect with Hav he and the Rams know they got him at a deal. He will probably want to get his big payday this next one so yeah I think they replace him when he rolls out in FA.

Ashawn let him play next year and hope you get the same guy. Then he leaves in FA and gets paid, and the Rams get the comp pick. No way I'd risk paying him again.

Also have to say as much as I love Gaines he's probably a guy who leaves in FA after this season. These are the moves that are the bad side of the Rams' current approach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Seven Rams players who could be in line for extensions…

Rams43371March 25, 2022 06:27AM

You know, these all make a ton of sense…

Rams43170March 25, 2022 06:29AM

Re: You know, these all make a ton of sense…

den-the-coach172March 25, 2022 06:36AM

leafnose118March 28, 2022 05:21PM

merlin80March 29, 2022 08:48PM