Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BonifayRam with some Ram CB concerns…

March 17, 2022 07:43AM
Here’s BonifayRam…

The Rams are very short on outside corners. Gambled last season that Ramsey & his crew would remain healthy, did not work out all that well. DW has a rough dinged-up season & had a ton of just plain bad games in comparison to 2020 when he was healthy.

Bad luck for the Rams too because DW 2021 season played a major role in why Snead will only get a 5th rd comp selection award in the 2023 draft. If DW's season in 2021 was like 2020 Snead would be looking easily at a 4th rd pick award.

Snead's operation got a wet blanket thrown on it with the DW final outcome with this signing in Jax...one, in just how bad DW's performance was in 2021 after giving DW the highest tender to play in 2021 & two, the small size contract offered that was far below what was expected.

Another element of bad luck in the 2021 DB unit was when Rookie Robert Rochell spent most all training camp, preseason & regular season unhealthy from two different injuries. Rams have to be questioning RR's durability & dependability at this point I know I am. If RR can finally get 2022 offseason, OTA's/TC & preseason under his belt in order to be prepared to start @ that opposite outside Corner position.

But one might say that Snead had no way of knowing that he would get almost zero from Robert Rochell & DW's injuries was a double blow in 2021 to his team. I would expect that Snead will have a written diary of all his heartburn over the corner 2021 issues & will fight hard to ensure that is not repeated.

David Long is a starting Nickle nothing more. The reason DL seemed to play better later in the season was that DW was healthy enough to play the outside corner post leaving DL in the Nickle post. I would NOT believe that DL is a decent starting outside corner because he is NOT.

Snead does have 3 CB JAGS :yawn:signed at the moment in Orr Haley & Hall. All of them UDFA's. Between these 3 they have been cut 13 times. Demoted from the regular roster to PS over two dozen times. None of the 3 remotely looked like they have anything to offer but agony:scream: when asked to perform on the field of play.

Snead must draft an outside corner ASAP with their top 2 selections & then draft another corner late Saturday afternoon just to keep up to par with the other NFL's CB units. Big concerns here @ CB.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BonifayRam with some Ram CB concerns…

Rams43185March 17, 2022 07:43AM

I agree Rams need a FA corner

ferragamo7976March 17, 2022 07:52AM