Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The LA Rams Vet Free Agent Car Wash

March 17, 2022 07:22AM
I was in another thread talking about what happened to Dante Fowler and I said:

"The Aaron Donald effect, what happened to Alec Ogletree, what happened to John Johnson, what happened to Dante Fowler or Cory Littleton, playing next to first team all pro's enhances your numbers and how you are seen around the league, being separated from these War Daddies diminishes said numbers. The Rams would be wise to have a couple of revolving door positions on the defense to play with AD and JR as long as they are at the top of their game. If you were a vet FA why wouldn't you sign a one year incentive laden, prove it deal with the Rams? Look what it did for Von Miller from 2nd best past rusher willing to be traded for 2nd rounder all the way to 6 years 120 million dollars. If I were Clowney or Wagner, Les Sneed wouldn't have to call my agent. I'd have my agent calling him."

Wouldn't it be wise for the Rams to use to opportunity of playing in a defense with All Pro's in a highly visiable viable market as bait to bring in vet free agents. Playing in a defense with AD, and JR has done wonders for the beforementioned players as well as Lenord Floyd. I wouldn't be opposed to having a couple of revolving door spots on the defense say Quinn this year, Clowney next in that other edge spot. If say a Wagner or Littleton wanted to give it a try or a Honey Badger. A run through the Rams Car wash for one season might be preferable to going to dead in franchise for multiple years IF money isn't the only thing that motivates you. Sure you don't build continuity like having a defense that has been together for years but the core of the defense stays in tact and you are getting better players than developmental rookies if you Super Bowl window is open. When it isn't you change strategies. I have heard to car wash analogy used ot assistant coaches on Saban's Alabama staff and the same could be applied to McVay's. In fact I pondered if Bieniemy wouldn't have been better served leaving the Chiefs OC position and applying for the at the time vacant Ram's OC position IF he wanted to be a HC someday because Ram's OC is a quicker jump to NFL HC than where he is right now.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The LA Rams Vet Free Agent Car Wash

RamsDynasty238March 17, 2022 07:22AM

Re: The LA Rams Vet Free Agent Car Wash

303090March 17, 2022 07:38AM

Exactly

NewMexicoRam65March 17, 2022 07:51AM