Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Matt Gay gets tendered: I agree with the Rams tender offer

March 16, 2022 03:02AM
Florida_Ram
CROMWELL21
Original round tender. Two million and change. Rams get a fifth if he signs elsewhere.

The Los Angeles Rams aren’t letting their Pro Bowl kicker Matt Gay get away. According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, the Rams are using an original-round tender on Gay, retaining him as a restricted free agent.

The cost of that tender for the Rams is $2.54 million, which is the lowest tender level for a restricted free agent. Because Gay was originally a fifth-round pick, if a team signs him to an offer sheet that the Rams don’t match, that team will give Los Angeles a fifth-round pick in return for Gay.

It’s possible a team will try to sign Gay away from the Rams, but it’s hard to see Los Angeles letting its kicker get away without matching an offer from another team. And it’s not often teams use fifth-round picks on kickers, which is what they would be doing with Gay.

[www.msn.com]

There is NO doubt in my mind that we would match any reasonable offer for Gay. They won't let him get away. I am sure they remember all the scrubs we brought in before getting him here! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Matt Gay gets tendered

CROMWELL21531March 15, 2022 03:24PM

Matt Gay gets tendered: I agree with the Rams tender offer

Anonymous User782March 15, 2022 04:55PM

Ramsdude130March 16, 2022 03:02AM

Ramstien150March 16, 2022 06:46AM

I don't think so Ramstien

Ramsdude163March 16, 2022 06:52AM

Re: I don't think so Ramstien