Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BonifayRam with some interesting thoughts on Rams DL plans…

March 14, 2022 12:20PM
Here’s BonifayRam…

Copeland was a decent backup to either starting Robinson or Donald on run downs in 2021 season. In 2022 Copeland offers very little if any in the pass rush talent. DC Morris & DL coach Henderson have only one real pass rush DL'er & that's the soon to be 31 yr old Aaron Donald. Can you name any?

Rams invested a sizeable amount of 2021 draft assets in drafting DT Bobby Brown to help in replacing the snaps that former Ram & now UFA Sebastian Jospeh-Day has been getting for several years now. The Rams are sure to get DL'er Brown some serious time in the "Grooming Machine" this season. Once again I need to stress here that Brown is primarily a run stuffer. Brown is sure to take away Copeland's 9.4% defensive snaps IMO thus Copeland's value to this Morris Defense is sure to be diminished in 2022 due to this.

Starting DT Robinson & NT Gaines are heavily endowed with run-stuffing abilities too. Both did begin to work up their pass rush skills but still, they are not real threats to offer any pass rush presser & if Donald misses time this DL is in BIG trouble.

DT Mike Hoecht had 9.5% snaps in DC Morris's defense last season. Mike Hoecht is the only other current Ram signed DT who has any prospective latent pass rush skills that can be developed.

So When you have four DT's signed in Donald-Robinson-Gaines & Brown it's evident to me that what is a must to be blended & mixed is NOT another run-down run-stuffer short-light-small DT like Copeland. So yes I have a different outlook from you on this subject.

It would not surprise me with all these AD retirement tweets from him that it will result in Snead strongly considering drafting a pass-rushing DT prospect in this 2022 draft.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BonifayRam with some interesting thoughts on Rams DL plans…

Rams43491March 14, 2022 12:20PM

Re: BonifayRam with some interesting thoughts on Rams DL plans…

SoCalRAMatic162March 14, 2022 03:23PM

Re: BonifayRam with some interesting thoughts on Rams DL plans…

Ramstien113March 15, 2022 03:03AM