Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Allen2McVay with some nice thoughts on some Rams youngsters…

March 06, 2022 09:00AM
Here’s Allen2McVay…

I have my fingers-crossed on Chris Garrett and Bobby Brown. Both were on the 53-man-roster but mostly not game-day-active; and rarely saw the field on defense when they were dressed for a game.

Just checked, and Brown was in on 22 defensive snaps, while Garrett had just 4 snaps.

That's 26 more snaps than Sebastian Joseph-Day had his entire rookie season. Joseph-Day who was on the 53 his entire rookie season but did not dress for a single game. He was starting in 2019, and (I thought) was OK. However, he showed (my opinion) significant improvement in 2020 and was very effective.

That's the thing about keeping mid-and-late-round picks on the 53-man-roster but not letting them touch the field ... as opposed to exposing them to the Practice Squad, where they can be claimed. My guess is that the coaches and team evaluators see something.

Brycen Hopkins is the best example. He's taken-up a roster spot for two years but for 38 games (2020 and 2021 Regular Seasons and Post-Season before the Super Bowl) did nothing. I have been guessing (hoping) the Rams saw something; and on the Championship-winning touchdown-drive, Hopkins caught more balls (2) than he did in those prior 38 games total (1 catch).

And it's not because of draft-status. Remember John Franklin-Myers.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Allen2McVay with some nice thoughts on some Rams youngsters…

Rams43585March 06, 2022 09:00AM

Re: Allen2McVay with some nice thoughts on some Rams youngsters…

Ramstien156March 07, 2022 01:35PM

Ramfan21256March 07, 2022 04:43PM

Ramstien126March 08, 2022 04:01AM