Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good quesrion Iowa

February 28, 2022 02:52PM
IowaRam
they have to wait till 2023 , because of global supply-chain challenges

I wounder if that will affect the Rams rolling out their new uniform for 2022 as well

[www.tampabay.com]

The creamsicle Bucs throwback uniforms are returning, just not soon enough for the consummate throwback quarterback to brandish one.

The team announced Monday it will wear its old-school attire, complete with the “Bucco Bruce” helmet logo, at an undetermined game in 2023. It will mark the first on-field appearance of creamsicle in more than a decade; the NFL stopped holding throwback games in 2013 after instituting a rule limiting teams to one set of helmets for an entire season.

But the league issued a memo last summer allowing each team to add one alternate helmet to its uniform closet starting in 2022, essentially clearing the way for teams to wear throwback uniforms next year.

The Bucs will have to wait an additional year.

“Due to global supply-chain challenges, we will have to wait one more year than hoped,” the team said in a news release on its website. “This is the earliest that Nike can finish production of the orange uniforms.”

The prevalent hope among the fan base was that throwback games — and Tom Brady — would return in 2022. Brady will be 46, and presumably out of football for more than a year, when the 2023 season kicks off.

I am wondering that too. I honestly would be ok if they waited to release a new uni again. We have so many combo's available now it's hard to get used to one or the other. lol

Supply chain issues are affecting everything these days. Maybe that's why it's so hard to get the Superbowl jersey right now? It's either that or the Rams underestimated the demand for it. rolled eyes smiley

IMO, they should've spread these releases out over a longer period unless there is a backlash of complaints about one or the other, then make a change but at the rate they are releasing them makes it hard for any combo to "grow on me".

I like the Creamsicle uni for Tampa. The helmet is cooler IMO and the color combo is unique. It screams Tampa when you see those colors...nowhere else.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

IMO, the debate is O-V-E-R...

Ramsdude657February 27, 2022 06:51AM

Re: IMO, the debate is O-V-E-R...

Crazylegs233February 27, 2022 07:47AM

According to uni watch , about 15 teams will get new helmets for 2022

IowaRam136February 27, 2022 08:16AM

Thanks for that IowaRam!

Ramsdude218February 27, 2022 08:25AM

Re: Thanks for that IowaRam!

IowaRam94February 27, 2022 08:55AM

I think you are right

Ramsdude111February 27, 2022 09:09AM

Thanks CL! Do you have any mock ups of...

Ramsdude230February 27, 2022 08:21AM

Wins are a whole different conversation tbh

merlin101February 27, 2022 02:46PM

Nice post merlin

Ramsdude75February 27, 2022 02:53PM

Tampa Bay bringing back creamsicle uniforms in 2023

IowaRam80February 28, 2022 02:35PM

Good quesrion Iowa

Ramsdude70February 28, 2022 02:52PM