Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: ESPN: Los Angeles Rams Offseason Preview

February 27, 2022 06:22AM
First of all, losing McVay and AD to retirement was never a a legit concern. Both are football loving competitors in the perfect place at the perfect time. C’mon…

Secondly, I wouldn’t say that Rams have any gaping holes even after expected FA losses. Bear with me for a moment here.

Sure, the OL needs attention but there are either players ready to replace departed starters OR sufficient cap dollars can be created to extend one of Allen and/or Corbett. I’m assuming that Rams extend Boom upon Whit’s official retirement. Rams have been planning for this exact scenario for years. I’m not sure how they will finally address it but I am sure that they have multiple contingency plans prepared depending on how the dominoes fall.

I anticipate an extension for both Miller and OBJ followed by a modest FA signing or two for depth at thin positions. Emphasis modest FA signings. Speculation by some for signing top tier FA’s are a pipe dream, imho.

I further anticipate a shotgun type of draft taking BPA at various positions as they fall to Rams. Probably at these positions but not necessarily in this order because BPA will dictate:

RB
OL
TE
ILB
CB
S

They might take an Edge or DL player if someone falls into their lap. A backup QB and P might be on their radar at some point, too.

If I had to guess I would suspect that CB might be our first position selected but I must re-emphasize that they will take BPA if there is any difference in their evals.

Like I say, a shotgun draft mostly for ‘next year’ players.

Better not be any ‘Atwell reaches’, either or I’m gonna lose my freaking mind. Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

ESPN: Los Angeles Rams Offseason Preview

BeachBoy341February 26, 2022 06:12PM

I don't see DL as a need

merlin123February 26, 2022 09:13PM

Re: ESPN: Los Angeles Rams Offseason Preview

Rams43118February 27, 2022 06:22AM