Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Liam Coen: Opportunity with the Rams was one ‘I just couldn’t pass up’…

February 26, 2022 06:51AM
Liam Coen: Opportunity with Rams is one 'I just could not pass up'

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

The Los Angeles Rams lost Kevin O’Connell as their offensive coordinator this offseason after he was hired as the Minnesota Vikings’ new head coach. O’Connell spent the last two years as Sean McVay’s offensive coordinator but is now advancing his career with a big opportunity in Minnesota.

It’s been reported that the Rams are bringing back Liam Coen to replace O’Connell but the team has yet to make it official. Kentucky has already hired Coen’s replacement and on Friday night, Coen all but confirmed he’ll be the Rams’ offensive coordinator.

He told BBN Tonight, the official network of the University of Kentucky, that the opportunity to rejoin the Rams was one he couldn’t pass up.

“The opportunity presented by Sean and the Rams to rejoin their organization was one that my family and I just could not pass up,” he said in a statement. “It would not have been at all possible without this year spent in Lexington with Coach Stoops, the staff/players and of course BBN”

Coen was the Rams’ assistant QBs coach in 2020 but Kentucky hired him as its offensive coordinator last year. The Wildcats went 10-3 and ranked 19th in the country with an average of 6.41 yards per play under Coen, improving significantly on offense last season.

Coen won’t get to call the offensive plays with the Rams, but this is a key step as he progresses towards potentially becoming an NFL head coach the way Zac Taylor, Matt LaFleur and O’Connell all have after being offensive assistants under McVay.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Liam Coen: Opportunity with the Rams was one ‘I just couldn’t pass up’…

Rams43303February 26, 2022 06:51AM

Re: Liam Coen: Opportunity with the Rams was one ‘I just couldn’t pass up’…

Rams43213February 26, 2022 06:56AM

oldschoolramfan159February 28, 2022 05:01AM

MamaRAMa89February 28, 2022 05:09AM

BigGame81229February 28, 2022 05:21AM

farley116February 28, 2022 10:26AM