Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Crystal balling the up coming season.....

February 23, 2022 07:44AM
I think we should relax and enjoy the afterglow from this SB win because Snead/McVay are all over these personnel questions.

And yet it’s always fun to speculate, isn’t it?

Here’s what my crystal ball has revealed:

The biggest thing is Miller extends. And I feel 90% sure of this one.

OBJ extends on an incentive laden contract. Will be a huge contributor late in season and playoffs. Once again uncoverable.

Woods will be our #2 until OBJ returns and Jefferson will be a quality #3 until then. This was the plan when OBJ was first signed and it will be an unstoppable WR corps late in season while catching passes from an even more comfortable Stafford.

Speaking of Stafford, I expect him to exceed his ‘21 numbers, possibly by a good margin. I expect less ‘hero ball’ plays in the process.

Boom will be extended and will play well. We will scarcely notice that Big Whit has retired.

I just don’t know how they’ll ultimately handle the Allen and Corbett questions. I keep waffling on both guys. So many pros and cons with keeping or releasing and going with backup(s) or alternative FA’s for that matter. I just dunno…

I think Mundt is gone and they will draft a nice TE from a reportedly deep class for development. Meanwhile, Higbee, Blanton, and Hopkins (gulp) are our top 3.

Wolford walks and Perkins moves up to #2 which saves a roster spot. A QB will likely be drafted but strictly for a flyer with development in mind.

Michel, unfortunately, will be a cap casualty. At least one RB will be drafted on Day 3 for depth. This will probably be an annual thing. I think 2nd contracts for RB’s is generally not a good thing.

That’s it for the O. Not a long list, really. And the skill positions are already on the roster.

As far as D is concerned, I’ve already mentioned the Miller extension. This one makes too much sense for all parties, don’t you think? Finding the money will NOT be a problem.

Keeping ARob is a no brainer. Speculation about him leaving for marginal cap savings is absurd after what we just saw from him late and in the playoffs. He was a stud.

I like Jones and Howard at ILB but still expect an ILB drafted if only to keep the pipeline full.

We will be very strong at edge with Floyd and Miller but they will almost certainly draft one anyway, if only to keep the pipeline full. Obo and Lewis’ Rams future seems clouded as backups so the ‘next year’ fresh blood will keep coming in.

CB might well be our first pick, depending on who is BPA there. DW is almost certainly a goner. Either he ran over Morris’ dog or couldn’t adapt to the Morris scheme. A promising ‘20 season devolved into a rather disappointing’21 season for him. The good news is that I’m optimistic about Rochell being paired with Ramsey. I see a high ceiling for that kid.

Safety won’t be neglected, either. For one thing, I consider Rapp a square peg in a round hole in this D. Rams might move him via trade if they can get decent compensation. I like Fuller and Scott back there but Rams surely will keep reloading via draft. Rams have excelled at restocking their secondary players since Snead came on board.

Probably not gonna see a major FA move, although one never knows what Snead is gonna do. Maybe a FA for LOT if they don’t like Boom? Maybe a RG to replace Corbett if they think he’s too expensive and they don’t like their current options already on the roster? (I’m on record as not wanting Evans at either OG position). Perhaps a CB or ILB that they consider good value? Even so. I think any Tier I FA is unlikely and probably unneeded.

Not a helluva lot of real holes, y’all. This is a tremendous roster if Rams can extend Miller and OBJ. Well coached and surprisingly deep as we saw in the playoffs.

You can color me very optimistic about the ‘22 season barring catastrophic injuries.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Crystal balling the up coming season.....

roman18639February 23, 2022 04:00AM

OzRam256February 23, 2022 06:05AM

nicecatchellard229February 23, 2022 06:24AM

SoCalRAMatic183February 23, 2022 07:13AM

The_Zone214February 23, 2022 08:32AM

nicecatchellard154February 23, 2022 09:09AM

OzRam136February 23, 2022 09:47AM

Tony Romas171February 25, 2022 06:05AM

21Dog120February 25, 2022 07:10AM

nicecatchellard92February 25, 2022 07:36AM

303079February 25, 2022 07:46AM

Rams43175February 23, 2022 07:44AM

I am absolutely stunned by this comment!

Ramadune138February 24, 2022 07:50AM

I hope they can draft a run and hit aggressive MLB to pair with Jones.

RustyRay172February 23, 2022 10:05AM

David Deacon208February 24, 2022 03:57AM

2023 Super Bowl participants

NewMexicoRam151February 24, 2022 04:07AM

Re: 2023 Super Bowl participants

den-the-coach100February 25, 2022 07:12AM

I see everyone calling out on Van....

roman1890February 25, 2022 08:21AM