Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some thoughts on Darious Williams by OntarioRams…

February 17, 2022 08:25AM
Here’s OntarioRam…

Williams will be an interesting player to follow this off-season because he took a big step back in 2021-22. How many teams will pay up for Williams coming off of a meh campaign? Especially considering his small sample size of good work from last year? CB is a position of need for many franchises. You can never have enough good CBs. Especially these days, with the NFL becoming more and more of a passing league. So I do suspect that someone will give him a nice contract, but I am not certain of it. He is similar to Noteboom (always injured, small sample size, little tape to go on, looked lost at guard, not really having much "pedigree"winking smiley in that I am unsure what the market will look like for the player.

Williams did look better down the stretch when the defence started playing more aggressively and leaving less cushion.

I'd be inclined to let Williams walk and draft a replacement, who is a better scheme fit, and will come on a cheap rookie contract. We could also use a bigger corner. Almost our entire secondary, except for Ramsey, is 5'10" or so. It can be match-up disadvantage.

CB is a definite area of need this off-season for the Rams.

If the market is soft for Williams' services, I would not necessarily be opposed to bringing him back on the cheap, and allocating draft resources elsewhere, but I would still lean towards drafting a replacement.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some thoughts on Darious Williams by OntarioRams…

Rams43175February 17, 2022 08:25AM