Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Great Athletic article on Wentz and why QBs are so hard to acquire

February 16, 2022 05:24AM
This post season showed what positions matter most to winning an NFL championship.

1. Elite Qb. The Grapolo's can get you to the Championship game but almost never a win in the Super Bowl.

2. WRs that can defeat both man and zone coverage. Chase, Kupp, Hill, Deebo, etc. Got to have at least one. When you have two--Kupp and Obj your offense is tough to stop.

3. Running the ball doesn't matter. It's nice and it helps but you can win without it. And stopping it does not mean you win.

4. Off ball linebackers and safeties are nice to have but don't spend money on them. Wilson, Jones, Reeder, etc. Tell me how much more a Fred Warner adds to my team winning...not much. Those positions are about doing your job and scheme.

5. No weaklings on your oline. A championship online doesn't need an Orlando Pace but it does need five guys good enough to not get beat in under 2.5 secs.

6. Edge players matter alot. Spend money here.

7. Better have five dbs that can play man coverage. Best to have five dbs that can play both man and zone. Elite QBs w time to throw will find the best matchup.

8. Rbs don't matter. Unless they catch exceptionally well on wr routes or block well in pass protection. A great one helps but the difference between great and good doesn't add much to winning and good ones are easy to find.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Great Athletic article on Wentz and why QBs are so hard to acquire

RockRam245February 16, 2022 04:12AM

Re: Great Athletic article on Wentz and why QBs are so hard to acquire

cool_hand_luke145February 16, 2022 05:24AM

I would add

3030111February 16, 2022 07:37AM

And... RB is the wrong position to give much cap space to (nm)

RockRam68February 16, 2022 09:26AM

Re: And... RB is the wrong position to give much cap space to (nm)

cool_hand_luke113February 16, 2022 09:29AM