Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

some oldnotdead--LOL

February 15, 2022 09:46AM
oldnotdead
IMO the only concern is what version of Morris will we get going forward. The I don't give a damn about stats soft bend not break version or the aggressive shut everything down guy. I believe McVay told Morris he needs to shut down the quick easy throws to give the front 4 time to get there. His defense became more like Staleys though not completely so. But it should never have come to that. He should have made those adjustments on his own but IMO he didn't because he continued to play soft even when he was being proved wrong.

Why do I think this? Because he continued to play his soft defense even while they were losing in November. It's why it's no surprise to me that he only got one interview for HC.

Scott was only playing the way he had been shown by Raheem in earlier practices. I pointed this out repeatedly earlier in the season. When he became part of the starting rotation in the playoffs he was then coached up in the more aggressive style. Remember up to that point he was strictly STs. As a rookie, I could see how good Scott could be. Unlike the other safeties with the exception of Burgess, Scott has 4.4 CB type speed. IMO it was a mistake to not originally coach him up as a CB. They are making the same mistake with Burgess. Burgess has 4.46 speed and is 5'11" (i.e. no smurf) with experience as a CB. As a safety, he's already shown he can play as a zone CB. As a CB height matters as it increases his play radius, i.e. he doesn't have to play in the receiver's hip pocket.

"As a rookie, I could see how good Scott could be"
guess Staley should have started him"

"Scott was only playing the way he had been shown by Raheem in earlier practices. . . When he became part of the starting rotation in the playoffs he was then coached up in the more aggressive style."
Think how stupid that is. Only after Scott became a starter THEN Morris taught him how to play football in a more aggressive style
It's absurd.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

some oldnotdead--LOL

JimYoungblood53319February 15, 2022 09:46AM

Re: some oldnotdead--LOL

joram142February 15, 2022 10:56AM

Newsflash for 53…

Rams43131February 15, 2022 11:26AM