Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OK...Just brought out two items for good Rams Mo Jo!! Sorta long story

February 12, 2022 04:08AM
Around 1977, Gatorade (When in glass bottles) had a promotion for a short while where the caps had NFL helmets on them. I had about 10 teams but NOT a Rams cap. BUT....My best friend did! Probably through 1977 and 78, I bugged the hell out of him for that cap. Probably around 1982, when I was in 9th grade was my last attempt. Never gave it much thought again. Never saw the cap again. 1999 rolls around......It was the day of the big Niners game in St Louis. My Brother could not care less about the NFL (He dropped the NFL like a bad habit after the 1982 strike) But he knew what the Rams meant to me and knew I HATED the Niners. He surprised me and showed up at my favorite Sports Bar. In the middle of the second quarter, he pulls out a cigar in a white plastic case and says.... I KNOW IT! Your boys ARE going to the Super Bowl! Here.... He tried to hand it to me and I said...NO WAY! But Thanks! I just want to win this game vs the Niners. We have a LONG way before thinking Super Bowl. He simply said..... ok.... and put it away.

For Super Bowl 34, we had a small party of about 11-12 people come over. LOLOL My best friend shows up with THE GATORADE CAP with a small plasric Rams helmet taped on it with Scotch Tape. Made my day before the game started. As we know, the Rams win. The Tuesday after, my Brother calls and says. I'm gonna stop by right after work. He did. He just stood at the door and says......."WHAT DID I TELL YA????" and he hands me that cigar case. I wrote the score on that case. Well.... Since then, my Brother and Best Friend have passed away. YESTERDAY.....I drug out the cigar case and Gatorade Cap with helmet. Don't have the heart to peel the tape from the helmet though it's dry rotted. I put them on the fridge, in view of the TV. WE'RE GONNA WIN!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OK...Just brought out two items for good Rams Mo Jo!! Sorta long story

Ramgator209February 12, 2022 04:08AM

That's funny because I have both those items..

sstrams72February 12, 2022 05:02AM

I remember those helmets in gumball machines back in the 70s. nm

Ramgator73February 12, 2022 05:12AM

Yeah, I think that's where I got it..

sstrams50February 12, 2022 05:16AM

Re: Yeah, I think that's where I got it..

Killrazor39February 13, 2022 12:40AM

Re: OK...Just brought out two items for good Rams Mo Jo!! Sorta long story

Classicalwit57February 12, 2022 02:32PM