Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I watched Burrow a few times, maybe more than a few....

February 10, 2022 07:59AM
I do that with players that I believe from early on in their football days had 'it'... Burrow was one of them. I still don't put him as high as Herbert, or Allen (big time bias for Allen).... and I can't say I've ever been 'sure' a QB would make it but Burrow is in that category I thought 'almost certainly'.

Fact is... I knew more about Burrow than I did Stafford before Stafford came to the Rams.

Funny thing about Burrow is.... I saw flaws, knew he'd have to work that out before he truly made it...... and instead he's kept those flaws and still made it despite of that. Go figure.

As for Stafford... can't say I haven't seen as good of an arm, even better... nor am I convinced he's in the top QB's for football smarts (all time I mean, I think he's one of the tops in smarts for active QB's).... but there is one thing about Stafford where I think he leads the pack... and I mean "All Time".... and that's ice in his veins.

I don't know that I've ever seen a QB that can so instantly move on from play to play with literally no lingering effect from the previous play, even if it was a pick 6. I do NOT think that makes him necessarily 'best under pressure' QB's of all time, although he's in the running. Some players do allow bad plays to get to them but rather than fold they get an adrenalin boost and conquer things that way... Stafford doesn't seem that type to me... he seems 'peaked' at all times... no less when having a bad game than when he's on fire.

I think Stafford may be one of those rarest of rare players who is immune from coaches and teammates pumping him up.. he's already there, at all times. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Stafford and Burrow were NFL’s best QB’s when throwing in rhythm…

Rams4386February 10, 2022 07:27AM

I watched Burrow a few times, maybe more than a few....

JamesJM79February 10, 2022 07:59AM

Re: I watched Burrow a few times, maybe more than a few....

oldschoolramfan90February 10, 2022 08:01AM