Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting read from Flores' attorney

February 03, 2022 03:49AM
Sorry I can't post it; it's in the Athletic. And, this is what Flores' attorney has to say.

The super condensed version is this: Since 70% (his words) of the players are Black then the number of Black GMs, HC,s DCs, OCs, etc. ought to be greater. How much greater? Doesn't really say, but the implication is it ought to eventually wind up proportional to player racial make up.

Also, the hiring should be done by committees with diverse (read proportional) racial make up. That is, an owner would lose the exclusive right to make the choices, veto the choices, or decide on what the hiring process is to be.

This is exactly what I said in my first post was going to be the bottom line. Quotas based on race. All that one can do is to urge more attention paid to a wider pool of choices (through things like the Rooney Rule) OR it is mandated by law/rules based on a mathematical formula.

The very problem is that since the USA is made up of 13.4% Black people, and if racial proportionality needs to be in balance, then we can NOT have 70% of the league being Black players. Is the outlandish imbalance because of discrimination towards all races with Black as the preferred? This is the slippery slope that Mr. Flores and his attorney have embarked upon.

Now obviously the reason the league is 70% Black is not due to discrimination against White, Native American, Asian, etc., but rather these players are chosen out of large pool of all races because they are the best players coming out of college.

But Flores' accusation is that despite a large and diverse pool of all races to choose from for the best coaches and GMs, the ones that are chosen are NOT chosen because they are the best coaches and GMs. Rather it is done on a discriminatory basis with race as the primary determiner and White as the preference. The evidence? A disproportional representation of Black coaches and GMs compared to the disproportional representation of Black players.

If the hypocrisy and non-logic cannot be seen here, it is intentional.

Mr. Flores is ticked off that he got fired and is certain he wasn't going to be hired elsewhere because of his skin color. Whether he is considered not good enough when compared with others in his pool, he thinks has no bearing.

Good luck with this one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An idea where Flores is headed.....

roman18322February 03, 2022 03:08AM

People expect the NFL will settle due to embarrassment

Ram_Ruler117February 03, 2022 03:35AM

Except Flores is supported by the majority

max195February 03, 2022 03:37AM

Max, please read my reply in this thread; it addresses your accusation

RockRam107February 03, 2022 03:59AM

Interesting read from Flores' attorney

RockRam142February 03, 2022 03:49AM

I'm surprised the Jags have not reached out!

Ramgator90February 03, 2022 04:16AM

the winning streak

L.A.Rams172February 03, 2022 04:58AM

Re: the winning streak

Ramfan21185February 03, 2022 05:52AM