Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many remember that game in '99 ...

January 29, 2022 10:00AM
When we broke the streak?

Ike sobbing on the bench, his shoulders heaving.

A lot of it is like a blur to me. Of course, I am an old fart and my entire memory is more or less a blur. But I just remember Kurt gashing them again and again.

What I do remember is the emotion. The week before, when we were trying to convince ourselves we finally had the juice to break the curse. The night before.

Posting feverishly on the old PD board. Trying to convince myself this was the moment ...

That weekend was the most intense sports fan experience of my life. More so than winning the Bowl. Breaking through.

As I mention in the other thread, I played for Bethel College in MN. We were NAIA, but then, after I was gone, they joined the MIAC, Div. 3. That's a tough league and it was for years and years dominated by St. John's College in Collegeville, north of the Cities. Bethel was uncompetitive for more than a decade. Then they started to build a program. But they couldn't beat the Johnnies.

Then came that incredible weekend in '99. Our lads finally whipped the MIAC Evil Empire. And the next freaking day, the Rams finally whipped the Whiners. No fan experience will ever top that for intensity and glory!

What do you remember?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How many remember that game in '99 ...

RFL379January 29, 2022 10:00AM

AND....We took a knee inside the 5 to end the game!

Ramgator153January 29, 2022 10:16AM

Re: How many remember that game in '99 ...

stlramman131January 29, 2022 10:36AM

watched rams enter stadium as the left the hotel

joram217January 30, 2022 02:41AM

Classicalwit141January 30, 2022 04:01AM

Shecky214January 30, 2022 04:57AM