Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Niners offense predicated on 2 things: running the ball and Deebo Samuel

January 27, 2022 07:18AM
The Rams simply must use their front 7 to effectively shut down the wide zone running or they are in for a long day.
The other thing is that the Rams must corral Deebo Samuel. Kittel is a problem, but less so than Samuel.

If McVay simply does what he's generally done on O and D against the Niners, the Rams are likely to fail.
Of course, in the end, it's turnovers that will matter the most. We simply cannot turn the ball over. Stafford needs to use his legs when it is there to do, to not try to do too much in passing the ball, and to be willing to be sacked a half-dozen times if necessary. McVay on the other hand needs to not get impatient in the running game, not get prematurely aggressive in the passing game if they fall behind, and not get cute.

I think it is a crime that Sony has been nearly eliminated from the run game. It is exactly this type of game where he needs to split carries fairly evenly with Akers. Sometimes 2 or 3 yards gained straight ahead is worth more than trying to run horizontally and getting caught at or behind the LOS.

I don't for a minute think San Fran is the better team. I do think that Shanahan has outcoached McVay and McVay needs to learn from it. Note what GB did. They flowed quickly and physically to shut down the wide zone. Rushing straight upfield on running downs is the wrong approach. GB also often rushed 5 to keep JG uncomfortable. That's the formula.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Niners offense predicated on 2 things: running the ball and Deebo Samuel

RockRam223January 27, 2022 07:18AM

+1000

Ramsdude117January 27, 2022 07:24AM

Re: Niners offense predicated on 2 things: running the ball and Deebo Samuel

Rams43110January 27, 2022 07:27AM

Just bottle what we did in the 1st 28 minutes of game 18.....

roman18103January 27, 2022 07:38AM

I think they tried that

Ramsdude192January 27, 2022 09:47AM

Tony Romas111January 27, 2022 10:01AM

SoCalRAMatic96January 27, 2022 12:04PM