Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Buying our Pass Rush some time

January 27, 2022 07:23AM
A few thoughts…

If Jones is healthy, he will certainly help.

Howard just might be more effective in this game as ILB against this 49er team.

Tackling has GOT to improve in this game. Is that too much to ask? Gawd!

Morris has had good success with a more aggressive attacking D and he must keep it up. Especially after Rams get up by 2 scores or more.

Sounds like a broken record but I would assign Ramsey to Deedo or Kittle. Pick one or rotate, I don’t care. Also, Ramsey needs to play within the system a bit more with less rogue type chance taking. Sometimes he is his own worst enemy.

Rotate that DL to keep them as fresh as possible. This shouldn’t even need to be mentioned but after that last 49er game it does.

McVay needs to call another solid game just like he has been doing recently. Call enough runs and try to take advantage of whatever the 49ers are giving Stafford. Chain moving shorter gains are just fine. Maybe dial back a few of those deeper throws.

I hope that Higbee is gonna be a significant part of this gameplan. He can be a beast that demoralizes a D.

I think some screens to Akers could really slow down that 49er rush AND be extremely effective. This is an Akers facet that I think needs to be used more.

Ball security is an absolute must. Rams CANNOT expect to survive another mistake prone game like they displayed against the Bucs. Turned a blowout into a nail-biter. Geez…

If Stafford can play a clean game we’ve got this. Stafford has been doing a terrific job of this in the playoffs and if he can do it again then we are SB bound.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Buying our Pass Rush some time

Ramsdude184January 27, 2022 05:48AM

Re: Buying our Pass Rush some time

Rams4355January 27, 2022 07:23AM