Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Tomorrow, gonna do an ode to 1984 Tampa trip and my Dad.

January 22, 2022 05:33AM
Great story man!

Ramgator
I know I have beat it to death but my first Rams game in person was REALLY REALLY cool! I can still feel the muggy warmth of the day and smell the smells. I'm gonna start by taking the same route to Tampa.....Normandy Blvd to HWY 301......301 to Ocala (LOVE that part of the drive!)......and hit I-75 at Ocala and down to Tampa. I even plan to eat at the SAME Burger King for lunch. It's on MLK Blvd in Tampa, just a mile or two from the stadium. I still remember Dad and I eating there before the game. I remember him grinning because I was SO excited. Fast forward 30 years later, I took my Son to see HIS team (Ravens) for the first time. Guess where we had lunch. As the DAD this time, I looked at my Son, who is as quiet as I was but still saw his excitement. REALLY took me back and I did a tough job of not "whiffing onions". 1984 was a VERY exciting 34 to 33 Rams win. My Son??? That BRAT got off light! Flacco KILLED the Bucs!! It was 35 to 3 EARLY in the second qtr. SOOOO..... With lots of thoughts to my Dad (RIP) , here's to ANOTHER awesome trip to Tampa!

1984 was my first Rams game in person. I have been to probably 20-25 Rams games since. Even saw them beat Dallas in Dallas in 1989...... WIN THE WEST at Carolina in 1999.....and just 2 years ago, fulfilled a dream of seeing them in the L.A. Coliseum. A lot of games and big moments. BUT.....I have not been so excited to go to a Rams game since the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 1984!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tomorrow, gonna do an ode to 1984 Tampa trip and my Dad.

Ramgator80January 22, 2022 05:02AM

Re: Tomorrow, gonna do an ode to 1984 Tampa trip and my Dad.

stlramz53January 22, 2022 05:33AM

Man! How many times have I watched this clip in recent years?? Just now..

Ramgator17January 22, 2022 06:17AM

That certainly was a game to be at

NewMexicoRam21January 22, 2022 06:04AM