Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Every thing is fine

January 15, 2022 07:55PM
Little tiny waves on the beach with groups of people watching. That's it. Up north-i.e. Santa Cruz-large waves. Great for surfing but no damage.

So Fi stadium is at least 6 miles to the town of Manhattan Beach (where we used to live). Moreover, there is an enormous length of sand between the breakers and the beginning of the town which is quite elevated above the beach. So no worries there.

Years ago eating at a restaurant near the breakwater at Dana Point in So Cal and Tsunami warning came across the restaurant's speaker telling people to leave. I had just ordered my 3rd martini and wasn't about to leave. Unfortunately where I was seated the parties in our group could not get out. My wife kept calling me an A hole because I wouldn't get up. So people literally got on top of the table and walked across and in front of me to get out. Total panic. Nothing ever happened. No damage, no wave of water, and no martini. People still are mad and my wife loves to recall in front of others what a butt face I was that evening. However, with all the warnings So Cal has never suffered any damage I can recall from a tsunami. I think the islands off shore handle the surge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2022 08:18PM by waterfield.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Soooo

KRams346January 15, 2022 02:09PM

Re: Soooo

Arkansas Ram99January 15, 2022 02:20PM

IS or.... Just a B.O.L.??

Ramgator105January 15, 2022 02:36PM

Re: IS or.... Just a B.O.L.??

KRams85January 15, 2022 02:59PM

Very far more of an issue

ferragamo7977January 15, 2022 05:02PM

Every thing is fine