Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Watched The Replay This AM

January 13, 2022 03:57PM
1) Like I (and others) have already noted, McVay's empty formation at the end of the half was a head-scratcher.

Looked like the play was designed to go to Akers on an underneath route. All other receivers were flowing to the left Akers was headed right. Greenlaw had to navigate through some natural picks and was trailing Cam.

Although the 9'ers only rushed their 4 D-linemen, it looked like they sent everyone. Bosa RAN.RIGHT.BY.HAVS who looked like a statue. His mates on the inside didn't fare much better. Stafford was a dead duck.

2) Speaking of the O-line...they were beasted the entire game. Very reminiscent of the Super Bowl effort against the Patriots.

3) I've been reading the complaints about Morris' defensive scheme, but I'm pretty sure any defensive scheme developed by any DC will look like trash with the pathetic tackling that was displayed - especially in the 3rd quarter.

And although they all had a hand in it (Fuller, Gaines, AD, to name a few), Troy Reeder was, by far, the worst offender. Watched Deebo's TD run over and over again. Reeder never recognized what was going on and didn't move more than 2 yards off his pre-snap alignment. This guy has poor recognition, takes bad angles, and can't tackle or cover anyone. Welcome to the starting LB position on the Rams!

4) This doesn't mean that I didn't have issues with Morris. When an offense is able to successfully run the ball against your professional defense 5 straight times, don't you think it's high time to switch something up just to give the offense a different look? Maybe a run-blitz or something? But there didn't appear to be any adjustments at all during that critical 3rd quarter. What in earth was he thinking/doing?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams vs Niners replay on NFL Network right now

Rampage2K-203January 13, 2022 03:15PM

Re: Rams vs Niners replay on NFL Network right now

LMU93130January 13, 2022 03:54PM

I was wrong...

LMU9399January 14, 2022 04:04AM

I Watched The Replay This AM

ramBRO148January 13, 2022 03:57PM

Re: I Watched The Replay This AM

JimYoungblood53192January 13, 2022 05:00PM

Re: I Watched The Replay This AM