Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two bad McVay decisions and poor defense

January 10, 2022 07:42AM
I think McVay made two very costly bonehead decisions.

The first one was when the Rams had a 3rd and half yard to go and he calls a play where Stafford is in a shotgun with an empty set. What happens? Sack. Slimers get the ball back and get a FG at the end of the half, turning the momentum around. At least line up under center with a RB in the backfield to give the defense something to think about.

The second one was when the Rams had the 7 point lead with about 2 minutes to go in the game and they're trying to run out the clock. Two runs gain 3 yards with the Slimers calling a time out after each play. So we've got 3rd and 7 and he calls another run play. Of course it gains nothing and the Slimers call their last time out, giving them about a minute and half to work with. Why not call a pass play to try to get the first down and ice the game? If you don't get it, the clock stops which is no different than running the ball and the Slimers calling a time out. At least give your team a chance.

And then after the Slimers get the ball back, the Rams defense gives up an 88 yard TD drive where the Slimers didn't have a time out with only about a minute and a half on the clock. Tie ball game. We know what happened after that.

This loss has me so upset I can't even enjoy the fact that we won a division title. I really don't like our chances to go far in the playoffs.

Oh, one more thing. STAFFORD HAS TO STOP THROWING PICKS!!!

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions."
- Confucius

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
- Patrick Rothfuss

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."
- Oscar Wilde
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Two bad McVay decisions and poor defense

RamsFanSinceLA217January 10, 2022 07:42AM

Yeah...

sstrams111January 10, 2022 07:48AM

Re: Yeah...

3030100January 10, 2022 08:04AM

comeback game for Higbee

21Dog82January 10, 2022 08:07AM

I've seen one to OBJ..

sstrams57January 10, 2022 08:16AM

I'm with ya on the loss dampening the upcoming Playoffs. BUT...The more I think about it..

Ramgator80January 10, 2022 08:07AM