Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hate to be arrogant - but I used the word elite for a long time

January 03, 2022 07:16AM
Hate to be arrogant - but I used the word elite for a long time describing Kupp. Some compared him to guys like Amendola . Shoot some on this board thought going with Reynolds was the better direction a couple of years ago versus Kupp. I was comparing him to Fitzgerald and Rice and still think the Fitzgerald comparison is the best one. A guy that may not have the 40 track speed but plays the football game fast, is great in the slot but can move him all around, but a complete football player. A great after the catch runner with power and elusiveness and a great route runner. An ultimate team player. Now, is he as good as Fitzgerald. I say no to that, but I don't think it is much of a stretch to call him a poor man's Fitzgerald and the word "Elite" to describe Kupp is accurate! Is he the best receiver in the game today? I think he is #1 but get other arguments for other guys, but certain he is top 10.

Kupp had another season similar to this where he was on his way to big time stats before his injury. Last year, the offensive line fell apart as did Goff so the Rams offense in general had him tied up.

I disagree with Kupp that he is embarrassed watching his rookie season. I thought he was very good that season as well.

To boot is this: If Kupp was a 600 yard, 5 touchdown WR, he still be darn good, because he is so good at all the little things, like running routes to set up other receivers and blocking, both blocking on the line like a tight end, or out in the outside blocking, or downfield blocking.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Kupp nearly certain to win the Receiving triple crown

RockRam393January 03, 2022 04:05AM

Nothing but high praise for what he has accomplished....

Guard100January 03, 2022 05:15AM

Almost certain to become #2 all time in a single season

RockRam122January 03, 2022 05:39AM

Re: Almost certain to become #2 all time in a single season

Ramstien155January 03, 2022 05:41AM

Hate to be arrogant - but I used the word elite for a long time

Rams_81144January 03, 2022 07:16AM

going to be holding my breath

21Dog150January 03, 2022 05:54AM