Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

20 random thoughts after Ravens game by AvengerRam…

January 02, 2022 02:00PM
Here’s AvengerRam…

1. Its easy to grin, when your ship has come in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man who's worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." - Judge Elihu Smails

2. The way you view today's game will depend on how you choose to perceive the world in general.

3. In the half-empty column, you have a game in which the Rams played an inferior opponent (missing its best player) and had to go to the wire, primarily due to turnovers (and a rare missed FG).

4. In the half-full column, you have a win that could result in the clinching of a division title (Go Cowb--- Go Cowbo---- nope, just can't seem to type those words) as a result of a clutch, come from behind, fourth quarter.

5. So who had Matthew Stafford turning the ball over 6 times in 2 games... and the Rams WINNING BOTH?

6. Stafford needs to avoid those turnovers. Its as simple as that. Really nothing else to say about it.

7. Still... 14/14 for 162 yards in the second half is impressive. Really impressive.

8. I see some real value in today's game going into the playoffs.

9. Playing through adversity and scoring a go-ahead TD in the final minute on the road has value.

10. Vonn Miller and Odell Beckham make key plays to produce this win has value.

11. Getting contributions from guys like Tyler Higbee, Ben Skowronek and Jordan Fuller matters.

12. Not much being revealed about the Jalen Ramsey/Taylor Rapp dust-up. In a way, I don't mind what I saw... Ramsey is a passionate leader, and Rapp probably earned some respect by coming right back at him.

13. The defense continues to play well. In particular, the pass rush, lead by Miller, Aaron Donald (watch how his push allowed A'Shawn Robinson to register his first sack of the year) and Leonard Floyd, was key. Let's see more of that.

14. Cooper Kupp is amazing. On some plays, he seems to hypnotize defenders with a well-timed pause, only to juke, spin and gain more yards. His season is one for the history books.

15. He also apparently made an impromptu play call, resulting in a 35 yard completion to Van Jefferson. Future OC... HC... I can definitely see a "Coach Kupp" future in the NFL.

16. Well, Antonio Brown... that's ONE way to end a career.

17. The Seahawks are beating up on a short-handed Lions team and celebrating like it's a playoff game. I just don't like that team.

18. Joe Burrow is becoming a superstar.

19. Still a lot to be worked out in the next two weeks. We don't know where the Rams will wind up in the playoff seedings. But, right now, with a 5 week win streak, I'm feeling pretty good.

20. 12 wins. Let that sink in.... then start thinking about the hated 49ers.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

20 random thoughts after Ravens game by AvengerRam…

Rams43331January 02, 2022 02:00PM

#17 Keep that same energy

RamsDynasty138January 02, 2022 02:12PM