Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Alabama QB needs to come out for the draft this year.

January 01, 2022 03:45AM
Yeah, I know Young's a sophomore. But isn't there a technical way for him to come out? Even a lawsuit? (I'm saying all this tongue in cheek).
If he did, he'd be the #1 pick, hands down.

I would HATE to be a team needing a franchise QB in this draft. I don't think there's a 1st round talent in the group coming out. Or at least not a potential star quality QB. I admit, I'm judging this only on what I see with my eyes watching from my armchair. But, some QB desperate teams are going to select later round talents using high 1st round (or more) picks to get one of these guys.

I have thought that for sure Rogers and Wilson would be moving on. But the teams that have them now are probably willing to sell the family farm to keep what they have. The difference is that GB has Love that they've been grooming for awhile (although so far he looks like a bust). But Seattle has NOBODY (and Gino ain't it) behind Wilson. Could they roll the dice and go all out for Deshaun Watson? Or even try to trade the two QBs, straight up? Would Wilson agree to go to Houston?

Top level QBs are a sparse breed. That said, it is starting to look more and more like there are QBs in the draft that have specific talents but not the rest of the package you hope for, that if the GM and HC are clever enough can make them better than serviceable by constructing the right system for them and using them properly within what they can do versus what they can't.

My son in commenting on how fast excellent running QBs can expire due to the beating they take is that IF the FO is comfortable with that kind of QB, then go ahead and draft the Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray type and build the system around that's QBs ability to run.... but you better also be drafting his replacement after a couple of years and grooming him because first your starter is going to start missing games with injuries and then next he'll get so gun shy about running and getting clobbered that he'll stay in the pocket. Unfortunately that QB was not and never will be a pocket passer (Cam Newton as the poster child).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2022 04:01AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Alabama QB needs to come out for the draft this year.

RockRam472January 01, 2022 03:45AM

Re: The Alabama QB needs to come out for the draft this year.

OzRam193January 01, 2022 05:01AM

SoCalRAMatic269January 01, 2022 11:54AM

Ekern55152January 01, 2022 05:43PM

Houston would be perfect for them

Ram_Ruler42January 02, 2022 03:25AM