Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think we're probably 10th-15th in pass pro

December 29, 2021 08:34PM
McVay as always masks weaknesses by moving the pocket, screens, quick passes, and misdirection. Our OL is good in pass pro but not the best in this league. Even with the starters they struggle with stunts particularly the delayed variety as we saw vs Tennessee and when the run game balance isn't there McVay can't mask things as well. I see them as closer to 10th due to the sheer amount of deep drops but to have them first is using only the actual stats not watching games which frankly does not surprise me with ESPN.

The good thing here is we're top 10 in running the ball for certain. And the way McVay can marry the two phases to look the same benefits both, but you can see our OL starting to dominate in the run game. They are moving defenders. This is the best I've seen them play since 2018 after they traded for CJ. Which led them deep into the playoffs where they of course promptly seemed to forget what CJ had done for them and lost the SB but hey it's all spilled milk right.

Oh and btw Michel is one of the best backs in the league in pass pro. So he's helped us there too, the guy has shined in both phases.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams News: ESPN ranks Ram;s lineman best in NFL…

Rams43356December 29, 2021 09:25AM

I think we're probably 10th-15th in pass pro

merlin119December 29, 2021 08:34PM