Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Agreed though I will add

December 29, 2021 08:55AM
Our RB depth has been terrible for years. It really has.

When Gurley was beginning to show cracks they tried to utilize Brown and Henderson and both of those guys let the Rams down. They were a big reason why (in addition to Goff's inability to function without a dominant run game) this team floundered during TG's hobbled window and beyond into the transition to Akers.

Akers was the first guy they brought in post-Gurley who was good enough to be a featured back in this offense.

This season in fact it was the same thing with all our hopes in Akers and it showed when he went down and once again Henderson could not do the job. The move for Michel was brilliant in covering that shortfall and we have been basically 1 RB deep since he's come on. 1 RB deep because we really could not depend on Henderson and Funk is probably in the same boat.

So ironically this is the first time in many years that we have had 2 RB depth, that being actual starting RB depth. The fear as you so aptly pointed out is that Akers is an unknown. And I agree. However strange as it sounds I would take Michel with Akers behind him being worked in slowly over Henderson and someone else. Translation is that we are in the best shape we have been at RB in many years IF Akers really is healthy. And as to that question, well, there is only one way to really know for sure and we're about to find out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2021 08:56AM by merlin.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams shouldn’t stray too far from Michel’s hot hand-even with Akers back…

Rams43364December 29, 2021 07:07AM

Re: Practice, Contact, and Football Shape vs Akers

leafnose188December 29, 2021 07:19AM

Agreed though I will add

merlin142December 29, 2021 08:55AM

Re: Rams shouldn’t stray too far from Michel’s hot hand-even with Akers back…

Ramstien153December 29, 2021 07:34AM

Re: Rams shouldn’t stray too far from Michel’s hot hand-even with Akers back…

SoCalRAMatic96December 29, 2021 08:38AM

Is Akers really back?

ferragamo79242December 29, 2021 08:51AM

Re: Is Akers really back?

LMU93205December 29, 2021 08:56AM