Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: Jimmy Garoppolo has “a more significant injury” than right thumb sprain

December 27, 2021 01:36PM
Good news for us?

Posted by Myles Simmons on December 27, 2021, 5:41 PM EST
Link

49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo‘s absence from Monday’s practice raised some eyebrows. Now there’s some question as to whether Garoppolo will be available for Sunday’s game against the Texans.

Head coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters in his Monday press conference that Garoppolo suffered a right thumb sprain during last week’s loss to the Titans. Shanahan noted that the 49ers will have to determine later if Garoppolo will be able to practice on Wednesday.

But just after Shanahan’s press conference, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Garoppolo’s injury is thought to be “a more significant injury” than just a right thumb sprain.

No matter what the injury actually is, if Garoppolo is not available for Sunday’s game, then No. 3 overall pick Trey Lance would be in line to start.

Via Matt Barrows of TheAthletic.com, Shanahan said Lance has experienced “the best consecutive four weeks of practice since we’ve had him.” Shanahan noted Lance will have “a chance” to play against Houston if Garoppolo can’t throw as he normally does.

Lance started San Francisco’s Week Five loss against Arizona, going 15-of-29 for 192 yards and an interception, plus 16 caries for 89 yards. He’s played just five offensive snaps since that start.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude420December 27, 2021 01:36PM

Re: Report: Jimmy Garoppolo has “a more significant injury” than right thumb sprain

LSURAM203December 27, 2021 01:54PM

Wow. Probably season ending.

NewMexicoRam159December 27, 2021 02:42PM

It ain't good news to me...

JamesJM205December 27, 2021 03:01PM

Jimmy G 5-0 against the Rams

JoeMad264December 27, 2021 03:50PM

LOL, I get that...

JamesJM193December 27, 2021 03:53PM

Jim Druckenmiller with a perfect win % as well (nm)

BigGame81158December 27, 2021 03:54PM

That's EXACTLY who I was thinking of....

sstrams85December 27, 2021 03:57PM

Remember Danny Wuerffel with the Skins?

sstrams95December 27, 2021 03:59PM

I TOTALLY get that...

sstrams130December 27, 2021 03:52PM