Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVays big decison - on team identify was the right one

December 27, 2021 07:13AM
There were 2 paths last year

1) After the Patriots game, there was this celebratory mood on this board with a dominating 24-3 defensive performance. But what was missed in the rubble was a dismal second half performance offensively of running and punting. This idea that the Rams could dominate on defense an entire season was way out there as far as I am concerned, but there was plenty of sentiment on this board that was the path to be taken.

in that same season earlier in the year

2) There was that beautiful Tampa Bay game, where the Rams won 27-24 defeating the eventual superbowl champs with Goff throwing for 376 yards

Which path to choose?

Thankfully path #2 was chosen and instead of returning to the Fisher 6-10 years where you only win when you force turnovers and run it and punt it, you win games by just moving the ball better than the other team. I say good riddance that the 6-10, junior high offense years are over and get very frustrated there is such a large percentage of fans that seem to have amnesia how painful that was to watch and live through from between Martz and McVay from 2006 - McVays first day on the job.

I am confident to say that door/path #2 was the right call and thank McVay for another remarkable season!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVays big decison - on team identify was the right one

Rams_81236December 27, 2021 07:13AM