Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shuie3225 has some cogent thoughts about extending OBJ…

December 14, 2021 04:31PM
Here’s Shuie3225…

He will be resigned 100%. Dont think people understand how complicated our offense is, how much our WRs are asked to do in this offense, and how incredibly difficult it is to change teams mid season, pick up a new offense and be effective. He's been incredibly effective these last few games.

The real question is...after he resigns do we trade Woods? Do we want to invest that much $ at WR? Van Jeff has proven he deserves a starting role and is on his rookie contract still.

I know Bobby Trees is a great leader and teammate, but lets take the intangibles out for a second. Lets also keep in mind Odell is still learning a new offense after being thrown into the fire, and had zero chemistry with a brand new QB. So looking at their games, what does Woods do better than Odell??

-Block?? Okay yes. Woody has the edge.

-Run after the catch?? Maybe slightly Woods, but OBJ is very good at YAC. But for arguments sake lets give the edge to Woody.

-Route Running?? I'd say this is completely even, maybe an edge to OBJ. OBJ has a bigger route tree, and gets more separation.

-Hands?? OBJ has to have this edge Rob's hands are excellent, but OBJ's are next level elite. Arguably the best in the NFL for years.

-Deep Threat?? OBJ hands down. Woody can be effective down the field but not his game.

-Red Zone?? To me this isn't even close. OBJ is a consistent 1-on-1 nightmare. Slants and fades if hes not doubled are unstoppable in the red zone.

-Overall game speed/acceleration?? OBJ is quicker, faster and more explosive.

-Football IQ?? I would say Rob because I've seen him for years, but seeing how fast OBJ has learned this offense is so damn impressive. His ability to get forward progress today and keep the clock moving late was a prime example.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Shuie3225 has some cogent thoughts about extending OBJ…

Rams43350December 14, 2021 04:31PM

I'd resign OBJ and keep Robert Woods

BigGame81195December 14, 2021 04:36PM

Baldy on OBJ…

Rams43212December 14, 2021 04:41PM

Re: Shuie3225 has some cogent thoughts about extending OBJ…

Ramstien97December 15, 2021 04:38AM

OBJ has a tendency to wear out his welcome.

RockRam99December 15, 2021 04:52AM